About community-driven collaborative modelling
The openmodels.org website hosts the Open Model Initiative, a project to collaboratively develop enterprise reference models for everyone to copy, use, modify, and (re-)distribute in an open and public process.
An Open Model initiative was first proposed at the Open Source Systems 2006 conference in Como, Italy in June 2006 in a contribution titled Conceptual Modelling as a New Entry in the Bazaar: The Open Model Approach.
The project is currently in its nascent state. This website is the initial effort to build and sustain an open modelling community. For more information, please consult the project's current state and vision description.
Note that the registration is currently closed.
News and announcements
- Spreading-the-word: Linking to openmodels.org (with logos)
- A brief introduction to the Open Model initiative (slides)
- The Open Models initiative meets the Repository for Model Driven Development (ReMoDD) project
- Website improvements - malfunctions possible
- Open Science: Open Distribution of Research Results
- Yet another new paper available for download
- New paper available for download
- Next Open Model presentation at the WI 2007 conference on Thursday, Feb 28 at around 10am